Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pootie Pang Wei Rong

This post is a punishment because I lost to the Poot twice (actually more than 2 times) at 7 hand poker. I'm better off player Hodlum Poker in real life.
I feel like a primary school kid typing essays because I did something wrong like throw wet toilet tissue up onto the ceiling or something along those lines. Haha.

WeiRong WeiRong WeiRong. Where do I even begin.

Well. We've been together for almost 6 months now. I've been counting. It seems as though time passes so quickly because it felt like yesterday when he stayed out till 1am waiting for me to sneak out on his 18th birthday. That night will always be etched within my memory for as long as live; regardless of limited and short-term that is (here I'm actually refering to my brain memory space if you don't get it. Perhaps my life span as well since according to Poot, I live life so dangerously). It was a night of tears, excitement, lasts, and of course firsts. I never thought any guy would do that for me. I was really speechless and dumbfounded and my mind was a blank when I took those steps. (Luckily for you Poot cause if I were fully aware of what I was doing, I might have taken 3 steps back instead. HAHA. Just kidding)

People keep telling me that when we're together, we don't even act like a couple, we act more like closely knit friends. Well, we've been friends from the day we decided to do projects together. 1st Sem was the bomb. I don't mind when people say that; I'm not into the whole lovey dovey smoochy-woochy thing. I'd rather build my relationships with the foundation of friendships that lasts forever, and that's how I feel with him. I thought it would be really weird if the two of us were together alone since most of the time is our jovial clique of 5 or more. I realised that I feel so much at ease with him, like nothing's ever changed and we're still close friends. We act as per normal; this includes the retardessy and the unglamness, in front of each other. We're who we are when we're together. Isn't that what love is about? People say 'Love is Blind'. Well, it's not. Love is to fully accept the other when your eyes are open to both their positive and negative sides; to accept who the other is as a person. I feel glad that both of us are transparent in front of each other. It's scary how sometimes he can read my mind when I did not even say a thing, or how at times, we'd sms each other at the same time because we're concerned or have each other in our thoughts. Being with WeiRong, I feel like I've gained not only a boyfriend, but a bestfriend as well. Someone who's like my Muse.

Over the past 6 months, I've learned alot. He trains me to be more punctual! (He makes me pay him $2 everytime I'm late!!!) I think he's also learnt his lesson on playing me out (He gets fined $5 everytime he does that) Like most relationships, our has its rough patches as well; nothing's a smooth field of green. We argued, disagreed because of things like priorities and busy schedules which leaves less time for each other. And when I thought that Poot would never turn green, he did! This relationship is truly based on determination (to make this last), effort (to keep things together even when things go wrong), tears (that we shed along the way), belief (that we can make it happen), time (we try to squeeze out to make time for togetherness), consideration (of the other's position, giving way for each other), friendship (that is timeless), and love (that grows even more bountiful over time). Of course, help from friends like Paps and Ahjuma made this happen as well :)

If I could use a metaphor for this love, it would be that of a tree. It starts from something small, but with the appropriate cultivation, perserverance, care, love, and of course help from God, it will grow larger and larger, higher and higher, deeper and deeper by the day till one day, even when a typhoon occurs, the tree will not be uprooted because it's so firmly stuck unto the ground it would not even budge. I really hope this lasts and I will try everything I can to make it happen!

Look at the time. 11:11. They say that when you look at the clock and it's 11:11, someone misses you. Maybe someone misses me right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment