I have decided that today’s post shall be in proper English since I’m using Microsoft Word to type this out. It’s a disguise. I’m currently at office, with nothing to do. Since I’m so bored, I think I’ll write a story. I have yet to know what to write about. Perhaps, I’ll write a poem instead. I really don’t know.
Let’s see. Ms. Puja always said: “Let the juices flow.” Did she say that? I think so. I can’t quite recall.
She looked up, in the direction of the clear blue sky.
The wind was playing with her hair,
Gently twining it into flowing streams of black.
She liked the cool gentle caress
It made her grow wings
She closed shut her eyes to enjoy the moment
Standing in the middle of the bridge
Busy, burdened people rush pass her
Yet she stood there; alone but cares-less.
If she was in the same world,
She would have felt the stares of the others
“How odd”, “Does she not have anything better to do?”
Their eyes speak harshly and critically.
However, she couldn’t hear their small talk
Simply because she was no longer there
She was soaring higher and higher
Places she visited, time she past
Somehow, it brought her back to school
Books, stationary, uniforms, teachers
Classmates, studying, friends, recess!
The time of adolescent years
She looked down at herself
To see a uniform so familiar
A white crisp blouse
With a skirt so green, like an endless field
She stepped into the classroom
Sat under the spinning ceiling fan like she used to
Smiling as she saw the scribbles on the desks
It was all the same, nothing much had changed
She turned to her left eagerly,
Glad to see her best friend smiling warmly
Joking and laughing as usual
With her friends in front and behind
Then the class hushed down
As someone stepped into the class
A person of importance,
A person they respected.
She sat up and focused
On what that someone delivered
This was not usual
For before she would always doodle
Or rest her head on the table, day-dreaming
But she had plenty to gratify the speaker for
Her miraculously amazing credits
When she saw no one responding
She decided to raise her hand to answer
Her heart beat faster
When her teacher glanced her way
“Yes Azmi?”
Why did it appear as if
Her teacher saw through her?
Like she was not there
Perhaps, she raised her hand too low
Maybe too slow
Why did it seem as though
She was invisible?
She forced her eyes open
Only to face the same blue sky
This time, she saw the sky scrappers as well
The ones threatening to cover her view
Of her favourite aqua picture
Her eyes darted left and right
And met the hostile black orbs of others
Back to reality
Back to working life
Back to work
The side of her mouths turned upwards
A smile so faint, most probably wouldn’t see
At least she still had those memories
Of that once upon a time.
-roo-
27-2-2007
=) have fun you all. i shall continue doing nth at work and indulging in really yummy new year goodies. =D PIG OUT!
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment